BluPlanet Recycling is a leader in sustainability. It has always been part of our mission to maintain a solid triple bottom line, where our contributions to community and environment are just as important as our financial gains. Besides the environmental and social impacts realized from our core recycling and compostable organic waste diversion services, we supplement these activities with a number of initiatives. Checkout our most recent sustainability projects (Facebook)
- 2014 and 2015 Respect for Earth and All People (REAP) Empowering Communities Award winner.
- Caring for Climate endorser and signatory, part of the UN's Initiative for Business Leadership on Climate Change.
- Certified Benefit Corporation (B-Corp) since 2011. B-Lab maintains one of the highest standards for social and environmental sustainability in the world! In 2013 and 2014 BluPlanet was named to the B-Corp best for the world list.
- Carbon neutral company. BluPlanet voluntarily purchases carbon offsets for all of our CO2 output from Carbon Zero.
- BluPlanet donates all of the profits from our refundable beverage container collection programs to local not-for-profits. This program has help us raise tens of thousands of dollars for charities in our community.
- BluPlanet Recycling has been a Vibrant Communities Calgary Living Wage Leader since 2011.
- BluPlanet is a member of the Recycling Council of Alberta and won the Recycling Council of Alberta Award of Excellent for Waste Diversion Services, 2013.
- BluPlanet is a proud member of the Respect for Earth and All People (REAP) network.
- BluPlanet Recycling works with local agencies to provide work opportunities for community members with disabilities. This is part of our ongoing support to Hull Family Services which receives benefit from the used clothing donation programs run in many of our condo recycling programs.